Alumni Board Nomination Form
The GPS Alumni Board is the official representative of the entire alumni community. We work to support and grow a network of communication to encourage participation of alumni in the continuing life of the GPS community and in programs that enrich their professional, cultural and personal lives. See our current GPS alumni board members here.
Board members serve for two-year terms and are selected with diversity in mind to ensure that alumni receive proper representation. This open nomination process is intended to generate a more comprehensive list of graduates interested in serving the alumni community.
Selected board members agree to participate in quarterly meetings and contribute to two or more initiatives determined by the alumni board. Examples of past initiatives include, social media campaigns for GPS, calling admitted students to welcome them and answer questions, speaking on career panels and participating in fundraising outreach campaigns.
We ask that a GPS Alumni Board member have the following:
- Be a graduate of a GPS degree program (BA/MIA, MIA, MPIA, MAS-IA, MPP, MCEPA, BA/MPP or Ph.D.).
- Be willing and able to fully engage in four quarterly board meetings per year and assume all of the responsibilities of a GPS Alumni Board Member for the duration of two years. Responsibilities include participating in board initiatives which fall under the five goals of the GPS Alumni Board:
- Raise the global visibility of GPS
- Increase quality and quantity of students attending GPS
- Promote and increase the value of GPS to its alumni
- Encourage volunteerism and financial giving from alumni to GPS
- Grow value and impact of the alumni network for both students and alumni
For more information on those responsibilities, please email Nurit Mandel.
We strive to achieve a balanced and broad representation of the alumni community on our board and are looking for representation from various backgrounds, degree programs, regions, and industries.
Please complete the form below by June 30 if you’re interested in being considered for a position on the alumni board. Submissions will be reviewed by the current GPS Alumni Board at a special meeting of the board in summer 2020 and new board members announced by fall 2020.