Global Leadership Institute (GLI)
GLI is the executive education program at the School. Since 1989, professionals have enhanced their careers and their organizations through non-degree academic certificate programs and through customized group programs designed to match specific interests and lengths of study.
We are a graduate level executive education program for public and private sector professionals, and a study abroad destination for graduate researchers and students.
You will study among scholars in a world-class university ranked among the nation's top institutions for international affairs.
We are uniquely positioned to provide sponsoring organizations’ and participants’ access to more than 80 academic departments and programs across UC San Diego. Additionally, we organize professional tours (field trips) to prominent international industries and influential government agencies that give exclusive insight to their operations and business practices.
GLI Professionals learn from university professors internationally renowned in their fields, many of who have served as leaders in industry and government.
We also provide English courses specifically designed to enhance professionals’ ability to communicate in a global society.
- Master of Advanced Studies in International Affairs executive degree program
- Academic programs for professional development within the discipline of international affairs
- Custom Programs such as long- and short-term, group or research programs
- Summer ESL designed for intensive English as a Second Language coursework
- Future Global Leaders is a graduate-level experience through lectures, workshops and leadership training
- Pre-College Programs are designed for international students to learn the techniques necessary to study in the U.S.