Our degree programs address the challenges of the Pacific region by exploring theoretical and practical applications for professionals working in a global context.
Degrees with an Interdisciplinary Outlook
The curriculum combines three professional school traditions: international relations, public policy and management. Graduates assume senior policy positions in the public and nonprofit sectors as well as in non-governmental organizations and private companies. Our outstanding internship and career services programs allow for opportunities around the world.
UC San Diego students at the undergraduate level will find us as a gateway to international studies with a five year bachelor’s-to-master’s degree program. At the graduate level, we offer a two-year Master of International Affairs, Master of Public Policy and Master of Chinese Economic and Political Affairs, an executive Master of Advanced Studies in International Affairs designed for working professionals and the opportunity for further postgraduate study in conjunction with the UC San Diego Department of Political Science.
Our Degree Offerings
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and Master of International Affairs (BA/MIA) is a consecutive program with the undergraduate International Studies Program.
- Master of International Affairs (MIA) is a two-year, full-time professional degree program.
- Master of Public Policy (MPP) is a two-year, full-time professional degree program.
- Master of Chinese Economic and Political Affairs (MCEPA) is a two-year, full-time professional degree program.
- Master of Advanced Studies in International Affairs (MAS-IA) is an executive degree program.
- Ph.D. in Political Science and International Affairs is a joint program with the UC San Diego Department of Political Science.